Friday, May 13, 2016

Working on materials and a scene

Hello, I have been having a bunch of fun working with a group on a game. On my free time though I have been finding my self working on materials and a fun scene that has been in my brain for a while. all of these are WIPs but I use this blog to keep me on track and because I have a memory problem from an injury over seas this also helps me see things I have tried and maybe forgotten. I was making a bridge scene for the journey art contest but with my freelance work my time was limited so I dropped the project and used the cliff texture in my materials for unreal. It seems that some of the professionals in my group are on crunch on there jobs so this gives me some time to finish these materials and post them.
















Here is the first pass of the scene, this is pretty bare and basic but its the start of a really neat scene Ive been thinking off. in the back i want a rock with a dangled rope. The clouds, I hate to be honest but the swirly design I think works well just need to remodel and texture these maybe just a retexture. The boat itself was originally going to be what you see but im heading back to the silhouettes to get a really fun design. I feel like it should steal all of the attention and as of now it dosnt. So we will see how this goes


I will do better on my blog and start up twitch again it seems doing these force me to do more work then I usually put in and I think its a great tool to meet new like minded people.

No comments:

Post a Comment